New York take me away

Here I am on the weekend before my return to school. It's Saturday night, I'm really lost doing my stuff at home. Lately, this is my routine and I do not get tired at all it rather, I have to admit, makes me quite happy and quiet.





I came back from New York a few days ago and I must say that I recharged my the batteries there! I needed to see that city, every time I just feel home there, I feel I always have things to see and lots of things to experience, I feel I mustn't look too much for the best places because I know them. I feel like I know that city better than my dear London (or perhaps is what I like to believe in, just to feel a little closer to it). Although, that city always has something for everyone; brings love, takes it away, proves it and makes it known in its strangest forms.
I went to Washington square park, where artistic people spend their afternoons...




It's the city of the possibilities, it is the city of the jazz bars, the old school one. With a trumpet, a viola, a saxophone and a pianist. With the frontman who apologizes if he can no longer catch up with his breath like 50 years ago, when he arrived in New York, probably full of hopes and aspirations. It's the city of immigrants, our fathers and mothers, the city of art, music and people, the beautiful ones that warm up your heart.

I have visited several places. I went back to the vintage shop's chain that I had discovered two years ago with Lorenzo, I found a lot of goodies! I met Lauryn Hill, something that I thought would never happen since I did not even know that she was playing there and this thanks to one of my dearest friends (thanks Andrew, you're a true one!). I climbed on the tackiest rooftop in Manhattan just for staring at the Empire State Building in all its beauty, I got lost in Brooklyn Bridge park, despairing because I could not find my favorite spot, it was late and we were far from home ... I found it at the end. ...And there was a beautiful moon too.

The green highline




I saw my family again.
My aunt, I love her like a mother, my cousins who are almost a "man" and two "women".
No longer kids.
I'm proud of them.

I still dream of these street ... again!

I know I will surely come back to the topic !
N x

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

E il valore (scontato ) delle piccole cose...-.-

National Museum of the American Indian

When there is nothing else to burn, you gotta set yourself on fire.